ВНИМАНИЕ!
Игроки в города!
На страницах форума
выводится по 10 сообщений.
Следите за номером в верхней строке сообщения и переходом на следующие страницы.
Иначе можно допустить ошибку 
в выборе города.
Кнопки перехода в начале и в конце страницы.

Вернуться на главную
Вы вошли как Гость · Группа "Гости" · RSS            

Внимание! 
Уважаемые посетители!
Для добавления сообщений в форумах необходимо зарегистрироваться.

Для просмотра презентаций в Firefox обновите браузер до версии 11.0 
  23.10.2017,03:31

[ Личные сообщения() · Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск ]
Страница 1 из 212»
Модератор форума: FilippovaEV 
Странички учителей » Личные странички учителя английского языка Филипповой Елены Вольдемаровны » Сотрудничество с издательством Longman » Учимся c longman on-line
Учимся c longman on-line
FilippovaEVДата: Вторник, 03.04.2012, 15:08 | Сообщение # 1
Статус: Offline
Учимся c longman on-line

Уважаемые дети! Не прикрепляйте Doc файлы к сообщению. Просто скопируйте ваши тексты в поле сообщения!

SunshineДата: Вторник, 03.04.2012, 21:40 | Сообщение # 2
пока нашла на этом компьютере немого, но вскоре, добавлю еще

Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor

Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor is a novel by Richard Doddridge Blackmore. It is a romance based on a group of historical characters and set in the late 17th century in Devon and Somerset, particularly around the East Lyn Valley area of Exmoor.
In 1673 young John Ridd meets a little girl called Lorna Doone. Seven years later they meet again, and fall in love. But the Doones are a family of robbers and murderers. When Earl Brandir dies andJudge Jeffreys is awarded guardianship of Lorna, she is granted her freedom to return to Exmoor and marry John. During their wedding, Carver bursts into the church at Oare. He shoots Lorna and flees. Exhausted and bloodied from the fight, John can only pant as he watches Carver slip away. He returns to discover that Lorna is not dead, and after a period of anxious uncertainty, she survives to live happily ever after.
It is an exciting novel and now is my favourite!

Emma, by Jane Austen. It is a romantic novel, which my friend recommended me to read.
Emma Woodhouse is beautiful, clever and rich. She likes to arrange marriages between her friends and neighbours in the village of Highbury. But Emma makes a lot of mistakes and causes more problems than happy marriages.Emma expects Knightley to tell her he loves Harriet, but, to her delight, Knightley declares his love for Emma. Harriet is soon comforted by a second proposal from Robert Martin, which she accepts. The novel ends with the marriage of Harriet and Mr. Martin and that of Emma and Mr. Knightley, resolving the question of who loves whom after all.
This book is really gorgeous and amazing!
I recommend it to all girls who are waiting for a prince on the white horse.

RitaДата: Вторник, 03.04.2012, 22:15 | Сообщение # 3
book review(все что нашла)

Stephen King
The Breathing Method
I had chosen this book because it is a wonderful story one, which arouses my interest and curiosity.
There is a club in New York where men tell each other stories. Some of these are mysterious, some are horrible. One night a doctor tells the story of a young woman who gives birth to her baby. One of the book’s great strengths is characterization: heroes and heroines may seem larger than life but they are also so deeply human. Although the book is rather long, the reader finds it gripping from the first to the last page.
To my mind its book that young people should read.

Cinderella Man
I had chosen this book because it is very interesting to know about the real story cause the story about boxer the “Cinderella Man” - is a true one.
Jim Braddock is a successful boxer in New York. But in October 1929 the American economy fails, and at the same time Jim starts to lose in the boxing ring. One of the book’s great strengths is characterization: heroes and heroines may seem larger than life but they are also so deeply human.
All this considered, the book is a real masterpiece. It is book that young people should read.

Katherine Mansfield
Doll’s House and Other Stories
I had chosen this book, cause Katherine Mansfield is one of The most favourite authors in English.
Katherine Mansfield is one of the most famous short story writers in the English language. These four stories take place about a hundred years ago in England and New Zealand. They are sometimes funny, sometimes sad and often cruel.
All this considered, the book is a real masterpiece. It can be recommended to people who want good fun. To my mind its book that young people should read. No doubt Katherine Mansfield is a real good author.

Anne Frank
The Diary of a Young Girl.
I had chosen this book because it is a wonderful story one, which arouses my interest and curiosity.
In fact Anne Frank was a real person, and this is her diary. It is 1942 in Holland and the Germans have invaded. All Jewish people are frightened for their lives, so the Frank family hide. Life is dangerous but they hope for the best – until they are finally discovered.
From my point of view the book is written in traditional style. It can be recommended to people who want to kill their time.

Lorna Doone
In 1673 young John Ridd meets a little girl called Lorna Doone. Seven years later they meet again, and fall in love. But the Doones are a family of robbers and murderers. One of them, Carver, killed John’s father and now wants to marry Lorna. Can John save Lorna from her worst fears?
All this considered, the book is a real masterpiece. It can be recommended to people who want good fun. To my mind its book that young people should read.

Jane Austen
Emma
Emma is beautiful, clever and rich. She likes to arrange marriages between her friends and neighbors in the village of Highbury. But Emma makes a lot of mistakes and causes more problems than happy marriages. Then she almost loses her own chance of love.

One of the book’s great strengths is characterization: heroes may seem larger than life but they are also so deeply human. This book can be recommended to people who want good fun. The book is a real masterpiece.

Kate2897Дата: Среда, 04.04.2012, 21:27 | Сообщение # 4
JANE EYRE.
CHARLOTTE BRONTE.
“Jane Eyre” is one of the most amazing by Charlotte Bronte. It is written in an autobiographical style and tells the story of Jane Eyre.
Jane was orphaned at an early age and taken in by her uncle, Mr. Reed, who shortly also died, leaving her in the care of her cruel Aunt, Mrs. Reed, and at the mercy of her malicious cousin, John Reed. And Jane is far from the typical heroine. This is what I believe makes the book so refreshing despite the fact it was written such a long time ago.
I would recommend this book to anybody who loves classics. Jane Eyre was my gateway into the world of old English literature.

THE CLIENT.
JOHN GRISHAM.
“The client” is an extremely thrilling book by John Grisham, which kept me on the edge of my seat. The plot narrates about an eleven years old boy, who comes face to face with violence the likes of which he saw only on tv.
It’s a suspenseful and humorous several times throughout the book. I could barely even put it down. The author put so much emotion into the book I could almost feel the character’s feelings. I admired the book from the beginning.
I really recommend it to anyone who likes books about lawyers and to anyone who likes suspenseful and emotional books. The story was an easy read and I hope you would enjoy it.

THE TIME MACHINE.
HERBERT GEORGE WELLS.
“The time machine” is a fantastic story by Herbert George Wells. The plot of the book is really engrossing and entertaining. I have never read any books by this author, so I decided to try and I wasn’t disappointed.
The story narrates about the time traveller and his new invention – time machine. He told the stories how he travelled to the year 701, 802 and he told about the world in these years.
I really loved the book and no doubt it is worth reading. The book offers more entertainment than anything you have read.

Сообщение отредактировал Kate2897 - Среда, 04.04.2012, 21:27

kate0697Дата: Четверг, 05.04.2012, 20:06 | Сообщение # 5
The woman in white

The woman in white is an excellent novel by Wilkie Collins. No doubt it’s one of the great mystery thrillers of all time.
The main characters are Walter Hartright, Mr. Fairlie and Laura. Once Walter Hartright prepares to journey to the English countryside when he encounters a frightening vision—a woman all in white who speaks of terrible things. The book is beautifully written. The main characters are interesting and well-developed. I was hooked immediately and couldn't put it down.
All in all, it is certainly worth reading. So I strongly recommend you to read it because it is one of the most engaging and gripping novels of all time.

kate0697Дата: Четверг, 05.04.2012, 20:07 | Сообщение # 6
The Phantom of the Opera

The Phantom of the Opera is a great, memorable book of all time. This is a love story, a drama, and a mystery all in one.
The main characters are Erik and Christine Daae. This is a famous classic about a man with a terribly deformed face who falls in love with the beautiful French opera singer, Christine Daae. It is one of the best, most thrilling, interesting books I’ve read for a long time. It is wonderful in every single aspect. But the one thing that I didn’t like about it there are a lot of scary elements.
All in all, The Phantom of the Opera is an excellent and outstanding book. And I highly recommend you to read it because it is truly a timeless classic that will never become old or outdated.

kate0697Дата: Четверг, 05.04.2012, 20:09 | Сообщение # 7
The Mosquito Coast

The Mosquito Coast is a breathtaking adventure story where the paranoid inventor is going to re-create the world.
The main character of this story is Allie Fox. The narrator is a 13 year old boy whose father takes their family to Honduras to escape America and start a new life. Theroux's writing is truly amazing and really pulled me into the story from the first page. But I started getting a little antsy because Allie's incessant yammering was starting to get to me.
All in all, this book is still worth reading. And I highly recommend you to read this book because it is entertaining, easy to read and you don't want to stop reading because something about the book is compelling you not to do it.

The Hound of the Baskervilles

The Hound of the Baskervilles is one of Conan Doyle`s most gripping and disturbing novels. This is a great book about the adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
The main characters are Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. Charles Baskerville was found dead just outside his home. People said that he was killed by a gigantic devil – the Hound of the Baskervilles. The language is simple, the plot is rather straightforward, but I never find myself losing interest. Though the ending was not quite what I expected I was pleased with how the story wrapped up.
All in all, I highly recommend you to read it though it is quite simple, but I was intrigued to find out what happens in the end.

The diary of a young girl

The Diary of Anne Frank is one of the most well known books in the world. It is a collection of memories, of thoughts of a young girl.
The main character is Anne Frank. She was a real person and this is her diary. There Anne wrote about her life - first in Nazi-occupied Amsterdam and then, when the Nazi persecution of Jews forced her family into hiding. I really enjoyed reading this book. I feel like I haven't read a good book for a long time. Also, I love books which are written in a "diary format".
All in all, this book is certainly worth reading. I would recommend it to absolutely everyone, because I believe that it holds some truth or enlightenment for everyone.

kate0697Дата: Четверг, 05.04.2012, 20:10 | Сообщение # 8
The Beach

The Beach is the most compelling adventure story of the last decade. It tells of a young traveller who is looking for special, undiscovered place.
The main character of this srory is Richard. When he found a map, he thinks he has found the island of his dreams. And so he has, until his dreams become nightmares. To my mind everything about this book is well done because of the style of the aurthor which is truly rewarding and enjoyable. But I didn't like that the end was a bit of a disappointment.
All in all, all my expectations connected with this book come true. So, I highly recommend you to read this book, because its plot is a real masterpiece.

Round the world in eighty days

Round the world in eighty days is a definitely classic book about the adventures of Fogg.
The main characters of this story are Phileas Fogg and his servant Passepartout. They wager that they can circle the earth in eighty days. What i really like about it is that the characters were so fascinating, as well as all of the places they traveled. As far as i can judge there are no particular negative points about this book.
All in all, i highly recommend you to read it because it's definitely the kind of book you can't put down once you've laid your eyes on its pages.

Rebecca

Rebecca is one of the greatest works of fiction, combining suspense, romance, and character development, all wrapped up in a mystery that is not resolved until the last page.
The main character is Rebecca. After her death Maxim de Winter goes to Monte Carlo to forget the past. There he marries a quiet young woman and takes her back to Manderley. But the memory of Rebecca casts a dark shadow on the new marriage. It is one of the most unique and fascinating books I have ever read. The plot is breathtaking and gripping from the first to the last page.
All in all, this book is worth reading. And I highly recommend you to read it, because to my mind it is a real masterpiece.

kate0697Дата: Четверг, 05.04.2012, 20:11 | Сообщение # 9
Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre is the masterwork of a great genius Charlotte Brontë. It is a love story which tells us about young orphan who grows up, works, marries, creates a life for herself.
The main character Jane Eyre grows up in misery until she becomes the governess in the house of wealthy Mr. Rochester and falls in love. The thing I like most is that it never gets boring. To my mind Jane Eyre is one of the great romantic heroines of world literature.
All in all, if you are just starting out reading the classics I would recommend this book, because it isn’t really hard to read and it captivates you from the first to the last page!

A tale of two cities

A Tale of Two Cities is a historical novel about Paris and London at the time of the French Revolution.
There are a lot of characters in this book. Two men – one French, one English are in love with the same woman. The tree of them are faced with the dangers of life at a time when the guillotine never rests. It was interesting to see the ironic way in which Dickens compares the aristocracy to the angry revolutionaries. What i don't like is that this book isn't for everyone.
All in all, this book is certainly worth reading. And I highly recommend you to read this book because the plot gripping from the first to the last page.

GlebRezounДата: Вторник, 10.04.2012, 22:12 | Сообщение # 10
Все что нашел :(
I am fond of reading drama stories. That’s why I’ve chosen «OLIVER TWIST» for reading.
Oliver Twist is born in a workhouse in 1830s England. His mother dies just after Oliver’s birth. Oliver spends the first nine years of his life in a badly run home for young orphans. After the other boys bully Oliver into asking for more gruel at the end of a meal, Mr. Bumble, the parish beadle, offers five pounds to anyone who will take the boy away from the workhouse. Oliver narrowly escapes being apprenticed to a brutish chimney sweep and is eventually apprenticed to a local undertaker, Mr. Sowerberry.
It is a masterpiece of the genre of the drama stories. To my mind this book is certainly worth reading.

I am fond of reading detective stories. That’s why I’ve chosen «THE BODY IN THE LIBRARY» for reading.
When the mysterious body of a glamorous blonde is found in the library at Gossington Hall, Dolly Bantry knows she will need all the help she can get to her clear her husband Arthur's name -- so she calls her dear friend, Jane Marple, whose brilliant mind can solve any tiny village riddle as well as plumb the depths of human iniquity.
It is a masterpiece of the genre of the detective stories. To my mind this book is certainly worth reading.

I am fond of reading fantastic stories. That’s why I’ve chosen «THE INVISIBLE MAN» for reading.
An interesting man arrives in the small town of Ippling fully covered; only a pink nose shows through his scarf. Many people wonder where he comes from and what his business is there, but they soon find that they wish they never saw him...
The book is deep in mystery and sparky in adventure. The book is certainly worth reading. It will appear readers who enjoy reading fantastic stories. I can thoroughly recommend it to all of you.

I am fond of reading detective stories. That’s why I’ve chosen «THE MIRROR CRACKED FROM SIDE TO SIDE» for reading.
Miss Marple investigates the murder of Heather Badcock, who consumed a poisoned cocktail apparently meant for American film actress Marina Gregg, Heather's idol. As Marple investigates, she discovers dark secrets in Marina's past, secrets which also link to other seemingly innocent citizens of St. Mary Mead.
This book deserves to be read. It will appear readers who enjoy reading detective stories. I can thoroughly recommend it to all of you.

I am fond of reading comedy stories. That’s why I’ve chosen «THE CANTERVILLE GHOST» for reading.
The story opens with an American foreign minister, Hiram B. Otis, moving to England and purchasing Canterville Chase from Lord Canterville, despite receiving warnings that the house is inhabited by a ghost. Otis’s family consists of Mrs. Otis; Washington, the eldest son; Virginia, a fifteen year old “amazon”; and twin boys.
This book deserves to be read. It offers more entertainment than anything you read. I can thoroughly recommend it to all of you.

Странички учителей » Личные странички учителя английского языка Филипповой Елены Вольдемаровны » Сотрудничество с издательством Longman » Учимся c longman on-line
Страница 1 из 212»
Поиск: