|FilippovaEV||Дата: Суббота, 28.04.2012, 18:45 | Сообщение # 1|
1. What was Henry Hudson and which geographical feature in New York State is named after him?
2. The continental U.S. is divided into ho many time zones?
3. Which American state was the last to acquire “state” status?
4. In which state do the highest trees in the world grow and what are they called?
5. What is the name of the first U.S. national park and in which state is it located?
6. Which city in the state of Florida has the same name as a Russian city?
7. In which mountain are the faces of four American Presidents chiselled?
8. In which city and state is Disney World located?
9. What are the pet names for the Mississippi River?
10. Name the six New England states and explain why they are known as “New England”.
11. Name the five Great Lakes; which one is entirely within the U.S.?
12. Name the highest mountain range in the eastern U.S.
13. Which American state (excluding Hawaii and Alaska) borders only one other state?
14. Name the lowest spot in the continental U.S.
15. Which Caribbean Sea island has a commonwealth status with the U.S.?
16. Name the smallest U.S. state.
17.In which western U.S. state, originally on part of the Nez Perce Indian Reservation, is the city of Moscow located?
18. Where is the “Rust Belt” in the U.S.?
(The answers to questions)
1. An English explorer; the Hudson River.
4. In California; “redwood”, or “sequoia”.
5. Yellowstone; in Wyoming.
6. St. Petersburg.
7. In Mount Rushmore, South Dakota.
8. In Orlando, Florida.
9. “The Old Man”, “The Big Muddy”.
10. Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut; named by Captain John Smith for their resemblance to the coast of England.
11. Lakes Huron, Erie, Ontario, Michigan, Superior; Lake Michigan.
12. The Appalachian Mountains.
14. Death Valley, California.
15. Puerto Rico.
16. Rhode Island.
17. In Idaho.
18. In the industrial north-central and north-eastern states.